All roofing contractors are not created equal so be sure to do your homework.
Here are some tips to help with the selection process.
- Are they licensed and insured? You can check at http://secure.utah.gov/llv/search/search.html ours is under R.B. & Sons Roofing/Construction, Inc.
- Established in your State. All businesses have to start somewhere but if they’ve been in business for less than 10 years they might not be in it for the long haul and still learning the ropes.
- Read the on-line reviews and ask for supplier references. If the contractor doesn’t pay the material bill the supplier could put a lien on your home.
- Get a detailed estimate in writing. Ask questions, and compare apples to apples. A super low bid could mean substandard materials and workmanship OR they don’t carry liability and workers compensation insurance.
- Do they offer a warranty? Material manufactures have some kind of limited warranty if the roof is installed correctly. These warranties have limitations and don’t warrant the workmanship. A contractor should also offer their own 1-3 year labor warranty independent of the manufacturer.
- Check the Better Business Bureau website to see their rating.